ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Outlook is disappointing

<< < (6/7) > >>

dr_andus:
Otherwise I quite like the new Outlook Email interface. Much better thought out than the previous version, e.g. a lot more one-click operations possible (delete etc.).

Now I just have to wait for someone to create a new "dark" Stylish theme for it (as the update broke the old ones).

MilesAhead:
That may be the reason why Opera goes straight to the inbox. 
-MilesAhead (September 01, 2016, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Some kind of reversed singularity: the humanoids dont take it any longer that all progress bars are dissappearing. It is all going to fast this way, straight in to the inbox...  the guts!  :D *BEEP*
-n8wachT (September 29, 2016, 10:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Reminds me of the good old days when there were two mail deliveries on weekdays.  A lot of people either didn't have phones or had a party line.  They didn't trust anything important to electronic transmission.  :)  I guess people could print out their would-be emails and snail 'em.  :)

MilesAhead:
Otherwise I quite like the new Outlook Email interface. Much better thought out than the previous version, e.g. a lot more one-click operations possible (delete etc.).

Now I just have to wait for someone to create a new "dark" Stylish theme for it (as the update broke the old ones).
-dr_andus (September 30, 2016, 07:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

It looks nicer.  But it seems to me the old Hotmail interface reacted to the mouse much faster.  Mouse hover is more like mouse hibernation now.  You have to wait until the Winter is over for it to hot track the items.  :)

dr_andus:
Mouse hover is more like mouse hibernation now.  You have to wait until the Winter is over for it to hot track the items.  :)
-MilesAhead (September 30, 2016, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

This might have to do with your machine specs and internet connection. Mouse hover is instant for me (I'm on a 13MB/sec broadband connection with a core i5 8GB RAM chromebook).

MilesAhead:
Mouse hover is more like mouse hibernation now.  You have to wait until the Winter is over for it to hot track the items.  :)
-MilesAhead (September 30, 2016, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

This might have to do with your machine specs and internet connection. Mouse hover is instant for me (I'm on a 13MB/sec broadband connection with a core i5 8GB RAM chromebook).
-dr_andus (September 30, 2016, 08:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mostly it seems to be Firefox newer than 42.0.  I don't know why but anything after that version has delays that never used to be there.  But I have already gone into it on the FF thread.  I just like to complain.  Opera 40.x reacts much better most of the time.  The drag and drop is still kind of sketchy.  I created a folder Reminders and dragging an email from inbox to it seems to take much too long.  I swear many of these operations worked better in the old Netscape.

I reverted to FF 42.0 just because some things just work with FF and I already have them set up so it is too soon to jettison the thing entirely.  I must say I was skeptical when Opera moved to chrome based but overall it seems pretty snappy.  A few minor irritations like not being able to specify Tile text in SpeedDial and having to play around to get the thumbnail into the dial if you prefer that to a tile etc..  But the thing comes up and loads the dial page much faster than FF 42.0 even.  Edit:  so it should.  It uses an exe instance per extension, plus one for each tab and a couple thrown in for good measure.  So with 3 or 4 tabs open I can easily have a dozen exe instances running.  But they seem fairly well behaved.  With power profile on Balanced on my Laptop I don't notice the charge being drained down(I almost always run plugged in.)

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version