ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Outlook is disappointing

<< < (5/7) > >>

dr_andus:
So, I've just been upgraded to the new "Outlook Email" server and got an annoying "It looks like you're using an adblocker" message in a pane on the right, using up valuable space especially on small screens, trying to sell me Ad-free Outlook for $19.95 USD a year. Fortunately I came across this fabulous Stylish CSS that removes the whole pane!  :-*

Better Outlook Mail (Remove ad and other details) - Themes and Skins for Live - userstyles.org

MilesAhead:
So, I've just been upgraded to the new "Outlook Email" server and got an annoying "It looks like you're using an adblocker" message in a pane on the right, using up valuable space especially on small screens, trying to sell me Ad-free Outlook for $19.95 USD a year. Fortunately I came across this fabulous Stylish CSS that removes the whole pane!  :-*

Better Outlook Mail (Remove ad and other details) - Themes and Skins for Live - userstyles.org
-dr_andus (September 28, 2016, 04:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

The last time I tried Stylish weird things must have happened because I took it off before long.  I don't remember exactly what the issue was.  But it must have been some instability or something.

It is not so  bad if the progress bar  on these mail accounts proceeds while another tab is active.  But some browsers only want to run the active tab even if you have that setting disabled it seems.  When the progress bar is not there the inbox loads right away.  So it seems to be a wait for the sake of waiting. All this computing power and it seems like stuff happens slower than when I had 56k dial-up.  Except for downloads of course.  :)

dr_andus:
The last time I tried Stylish weird things must have happened because I took it off before long.  I don't remember exactly what the issue was.  But it must have been some instability or something.
-MilesAhead (September 28, 2016, 06:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Since Stylish styles are just CSS overlays, I don't think they can do too much harm. You can turn them on and off (or uninstall) with one click in the extension icon of the browser (Chrome or Firefox). The one I linked to above is definitely a keeper, it's nice to get rid of the ad pane in Outlook.

Incidentally, Frank Degenaar, author of the WorkFlowy book, has just made available his chapter on how to use Stylish, if anyone is interested:

If you’re a complete newbie, here’s a complimentary download of the entire chapter from my book.
--- End quote ---

Stylish can be used with any website of course, not just WorkFlowy or Outlook Email, though more popular sites and services are more likely to have CSS styles on there.

MilesAhead:
Since Stylish styles are just CSS overlays, I don't think they can do too much harm.
-dr_andus (September 29, 2016, 03:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I suppose I could give it a shot.  The last time I tried Stylish must be at least four years ago now.  Sometime this weekend may be a possibility.  :)

n8wachT:
That may be the reason why Opera goes straight to the inbox. 
-MilesAhead (September 01, 2016, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Some kind of reversed singularity: the humanoids dont take it any longer that all progress bars are dissappearing. It is all going to fast this way, straight in to the inbox...  the guts!  :D *BEEP*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version