ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Outlook is disappointing

<< < (4/7) > >>

wraith808:
I tried in my experiment to go to hotmail.com and open the account that I'd not been in for a while from there.  Redirects, sure.  But a loading screen?  No.

dr_andus:
I was curious so I did a search and it turns out that MS still hasn't migrated all accounts to the new interface, so one can have different experiences (and URLs) with different Hotmail/Outlook/Microsoft accounts:

Outlook.com Migration Status
Yes, the migration is still on, but with some 400 million accounts to move, it will continue well into 2017. (...)

How do you know if the account was moved to the new server? Log into the account at outlook.com and look at the banner above the Inbox. If it says "Outlook Mail", it's on the new server. Accounts still on the old server say "Outlook.com".
--- End quote ---

I've still got an "Outlook.com" banner, so that's why I'm still on the old "mail.live.com" domain. Though I'm not sure if this is impacting your situation, Miles. But it might explain the differences between your two accounts.

wraith808:
Interesting!  Both of my accounts say Outlook.com.  Even more interesting, as I'm paying for O365 on my new account.

MilesAhead:
I updated Opera x64 to v. 12.18.  So far the main drawback I have found to using it is non acceptance of some sites when going to https yadda yadda such as when logging in.  On the humorous side Opera keeps popping up a notification that I really do not need to have Turbo Mode enabled since I am on a fast network and TM only helps with slow networks such as dial-up.  The WiFi here has download bandwidth anywhere from 12 to 35 Mbs and I still notice the difference with TM on.  So I am leaving it on.  heh heh heh

MilesAhead:
I was curious so I did a search and it turns out that MS still hasn't migrated all accounts to the new interface, so one can have different experiences (and URLs) with different Hotmail/Outlook/Microsoft accounts:
-dr_andus (September 01, 2016, 11:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

That may be the reason why Opera goes straight to the inbox.  I have never logged in to either of my hotmail accounts from the Outlook page using Opera.  It seems like once they suck you in they won't let you off.  Like the cat has hold of the mouse.  Game over.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version