ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Outlook is disappointing

(1/7) > >>

MilesAhead:
For as long as possible I out- maneuvered the attempts by Hotmail to draw me into the Outlook interface.  But alas, I had to log in through a link.  There was no way around it.  Now every time I open my mail instead of the inbox just being there I have to watch this progress bar for some unknown interval.  Just like my google mail.  Arrrgghhhhh!!

The guy who named it a "progress bar" was being ironic I suspect.  :)

wraith808:
progress bar?  What are you referring to? I've never seen such.

MilesAhead:
progress bar?  What are you referring to? I've never seen such.
-wraith808 (August 31, 2016, 08:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

When I log in there is a splash screen with Outlook in huge letters, a progress bar, with text below that says "opening your mailbox."  Perhaps if you signed in months ago you are still with that interface?  Most likely that is it.  Because I have another account I use as a spam catcher and it got sucked into Outlook months ago.  It doesn't do what this other login does.

Here's a screen shot

The Outlook is disappointing

MilesAhead:
I can't figure it out.  If I use Opera 12.14 x64 then put hotmail.com and log in, it goes right to the inbox.  If I do the same thing in firefox or slimjet, I get the splash screen.  Really weird.

There is obviously no need for the screen except to make you wait.

wraith808:
I don't get that.  Could it be because you have so much spam?  It does process the messages, and when I'd not been using my account for a while, it did that when I first logged in again.  Currently, however, mine goes to a login portal, then directly into my inbox in less than a couple of seconds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version