ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

prt sc not working

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
What everyone else said -- you can set whatever hotkey you want to trigger the different captures.  Or you could even use a little bar docked to your screen that you trigger with a mouse click if you prefer.

6DecadesOld:
Okey-dokey, I understand.  And appreciate the trouble you folks went to to read and answer. (Neat, the grammar check doesn't like that double 'to' there.)

BUT --  and this is really weird -- I fixed my key trouble and you ain't gonna guess what works, even if I gave you my six decades to get it.  Well, I am going too far there, aren't I?

It is just that for hours I have been poking my nose into all sorts of corners all over the Net looking at all sorts of answers and nothing was working and then I had a thought and gave it a try and it works.

I hold down the Fn key and then tap the PrtSc key three times.

First time it worked I didn't believe it, but it was right there and I saved it.  So I did it again.  And again.  And it works.  I don't have time to think about that deeply, although the idea of some sort of sticky key sort of creeps into some part of my brain, but I sense that isn't the answer why it's working.

And it creeped into my old brain that as I have an external monitor added to this laptop it may have something to do with that.  Weird, isn't it?  Like I have to at least tap that key twice -- once for each monitor.  I just haven't had time to properly figure that answer out, but I have discovered an answer and that is rather neat.

And the print screen trouble has caused me to find this place and that might be pretty cool.  And I am thinking I may just want to install the Screenshot Captor on this unit anyway.  I suspect there are features available I could use.

Has anyone ever noticed any conflict with any Microsoft installed program/tool/service with the Screenshot Captor?  I've noticed over the past few years that Microsoft seems to be getting nastier and nastier about 3rd-party stuff on a Windows unit, so that is why I ask.  That "vote system" that causes some drives to crash is one really weird "We-Don't-Like-You" Microsoft trick, for example.

tomos:
Has anyone ever noticed any conflict with any Microsoft installed program/tool/service with the Screenshot Captor?
-6DecadesOld (March 08, 2017, 04:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

not here (Windows 7 x64 pro)
I'm using the installed version of SC.

One thing worth noting:
I use an admin account but with UAC at highest level.
If an app is running 'as admin', some of the hotkeys will not work: just checked and PrtScr or Shift+PrtScr dont work, but Alt+PrtScr does (grab active window). Using the SC systray context menu works for any capture I tried though (with 'run as admin' software).

And the print screen trouble has caused me to find this place and that might be pretty cool.
--- End quote ---

IIRC, I was having trouble with the app key and one software, got an AHK solution here and stayed :up:

Sangatster:
Just following up.  I don't remember when the issue stopped, but I haven't had this problem in a while.  One day it just resumed functionality.

For those who are discussing Fn+PrtScrn, that should merely generate a Print Screen keyboard scancode.  It's a simulated switch in the device driver, but it should work like regular print screen.  No reason for it to act any differently.

At least that's how it should work...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version