ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

How do we stop using folder Documents\DonationCoder\Clipboard Help+Spell

<< < (2/2)

IainB:
I don't know if i would recommend junction points...
-mouser (August 25, 2016, 10:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
Could you explain please? I'd be very interested to learn more.    :tellme:

mouser:
Well, I don't have much experience with junction points, though I understand they can be very useful in some cases.  But because CHS, FARR, and the rest of my apps offer a simple way to tell the program exactly where to store your data files (or run them completely portably), it seems like junction points are overkill.

IainB:
OIC. Thanks.
I used to have all my FARR, CHS, and other vitally important utilities nested within a folder C:\UTIL\
However, as an experiment in backing up and creating a common framework of proggies on any laptop, I moved C:\UTIL\ into OneDrive. I then put junction points to the OneDrive location(s) into the original C:\UTIL - so I didn't need to change any of the existing Autohotkey code and FARR aliases that addressed them. It's a bit like using a Chromebook and seems to work seamlessly from any of the laptops I use, and arguably saves me some backing-up, though I can see a potential flaw in that argument. Waiting for the double-update conflict, or something worse ... It has its pros and cons.
I did wonder about using some other type of hard/symbolic link, but I felt I understood the JPs a little better (having played about  with them before) and they are easy to populate/remove using xplorer², which is designed to use them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version