ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Rename folder and files before deleting

<< < (3/3)

dcwul62:
Yes, you can mark this thread as closed.
I did a CCleaner Wipe Drive on my SSD yesterday, results are as per attachment.

@4WD - thanks.

-
Rename folder and files before deleting
-

4wd:
I did a CCleaner Wipe Drive on my SSD yesterday, results are as per attachment.-dcwul62 (May 10, 2018, 12:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

That is going to take a fair bit more time than just doing specific files and clearing the MFT plus it puts unneeded write cycles on the SSD.

ie. If a block is wiped on the first running of CCleaner and there has been no change to it, (no data written to that block), when you next run CCleaner it will wipe an already wiped block.

It's not designed to keep track of block writes and only wipe those that have been used between runs, you're needlessly shortening the life of your SSD, (considering it will do 1 -> 3 writes on each and every block that is marked as free).

... too much focused on on the thought that using file shredders on SSD should be avoided.-dcwul62 (May 08, 2018, 08:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unnecessary writes to the SSD should be avoided, it's why all my temp files go to a RAM drive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version