ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Was Firefox 47.0.1 the end of the line for you as well?

<< < (5/7) > >>

MilesAhead:
32-bit.
-wraith808 (September 01, 2016, 02:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have a slow HD.  Only Sata II.  So I followed IainB's lead and put the cache in a ramdisk.  I only allocated 256 MB to the ramdisk and set the limit in SlimJet to 200 MB cache.  It seems to speed it up a bit.  I added the ramdisk cache folder to CCleaner and periodically empty the cache conveniently that way.

Edit:  It doesn't download any faster than Firefox.  If you leave your browser up and running all the time you may not see much benefit.  But if you only run it when you actually want to browse something, SlimJet jumps onto the desktop.  Whereas now Firefox takes about 45 seconds to load on my Laptop.  I have a bunch of folders on my bookmarks bar.  There seems to be a 20 second delay for the folder icons to appear after the folder names are shown.  Firefox never used to have that lag.  It is hard for me to believe none of the developers notice any of this stuff.  They should get a slow PC for testing some of these builds.  It's ridiculous to wait a minute after double clicking to type something into the address bar.

MilesAhead:
How does one tell which type (32 or 64-bit) one has? It's not mentioned in the "About" section.
-IainB (September 01, 2016, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Considering you have to dig through a layer of warnings against using the x64 version, to download the x64 version ...(if you don't remember the ruckus)... I'd be inclined to just assume it's x86.
-Stoic Joker (September 01, 2016, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Once running you can always look in Task Manager.  If it is 32 bit it will say so next to the program name.

Deozaan:
How does one tell which type (32 or 64-bit) one has? It's not mentioned in the "About" section.
--- End quote ---

Check the install location. If it's in "Program Files" then it's 64-bit. If it's in "Program Files (x86)" then it's 32-bit.

MilesAhead:
--- End quote ---

Check the install location. If it's in "Program Files" then it's 64-bit. If it's in "Program Files (x86)" then it's 32-bit.
-Deozaan (September 02, 2016, 02:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you downloaded the portable the self-extracting exe has either x86 or x64 in the filename.

Curt:
How does one tell which type (32 or 64-bit) one has? It's not mentioned in the "About" section.-IainB (September 01, 2016, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
Check the install location. If it's in "Program Files" then it's 64-bit. If it's in "Program Files (x86)" then it's 32-bit.-Deozaan (September 02, 2016, 02:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

- eh, no! On a 32-bits system the %1% is "Program Files", because there is no other system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version