ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Was Firefox 47.0.1 the end of the line for you as well?

<< < (4/7) > >>

wraith808:
It doesn't seem that much faster to me, unfortunately.  I'm still trying it, but underwhelmed.

MilesAhead:
It doesn't seem that much faster to me, unfortunately.  I'm still trying it, but underwhelmed.
-wraith808 (September 01, 2016, 01:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you trying the 32 bit or 64 bit version?

wraith808:
32-bit.

Stoic Joker:
How does one tell which type (32 or 64-bit) one has? It's not mentioned in the "About" section.
-IainB (September 01, 2016, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Considering you have to dig through a layer of warnings against using the x64 version, to download the x64 version ...(if you don't remember the ruckus)... I'd be inclined to just assume it's x86.

Curt:
the missing information:

32-bit Slimjet Web Browser is recommended for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows. If you want to go 64-bit at the cost of more memory usage, you can get 64-bit Slimjet for Windows.

Slimjet Web Browser for Windows 64-bit Version:
http://www.slimjet.com/en/dlpage_win64.php

64-bit version uses significantly more memory than 32-bit version. It has some stability and performance improvements which are not quite noticable for most people. We do not recommend it for machines with under 8GB memory or nerves sensitive to the memory usage of applications. If your computer has affluent memory and you want to screeze the last bit of performance out of Slimjet, go for it by all means.-Flashpeak Slimjet
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version