ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

The large amount of memory

<< < (3/3)

IainB:
It probably sounds a bit kludgy, but I have in the past used OneNote to build a larger image out of smaller component parts, using SC (ScreenshotCaptor) for the trimming of the parts, where necessary. The user can move the images around either in the same container, or in separate and discrete containers, and abut or overlap them, as necessary, so you can't see where the edges meet. Then capture and copy the composite as a whole in one Copy command and save it as an image in (say) irfanview, or something. A bit fiddly though, and. from memory, it's easier to abut images placed one above the other, than one to either left or right of the other - the latter probably need to be overlaid in separate containers.

I'd suggest a suck-it-and-see approach as a trial, using OneNote. I think you might be able to effectively have an infinitely large - or very large - page, if you want.

There's an example here where the work to be done was rather tricky and a high degree of precision was required, so as to result in what had to look like apparently plain print, which could then be passed through an OCR scan with minimal errors in the output: Align image sections - 2 half-page image clips of a page of a document;then OCR.
There are quite a lot of other instances in that discussion thread, where the fiddling about with images would not be apparent to the reader. To a great extent, OneNote helps to minimise the fiddling about and can be a real timesaver. SC can be an invaluable aid in that process.

tomos:
Screenshot captor can't stitch images in a vertical strip if there's many of empty white space in the map (gaps).
-Risare (August 17, 2016, 03:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nothing can stitch where there is no information -
even if doing it completely manually you will need overlapping info.

I've done a few quite large maps manually in 32bit Photoshop, with 8GB memory and no video card with no problems (using a .psd file for the working image and compressed tiff for the final image). Stitching manually was reasonably quick. But I never looked at the numbers (quantity, filesizes etc.) for what I did do.
So,
it's very much going to depend on just how many screenshots you plan to merge.

I'd just give it a go and see how far I get.

I see Gimp is available in 64bit - another possibility

mouser:
What 4wd suggested sounds like the best advice to me.. Use SC along one dimension to make very tall (or wide) stitched screenshots of a "manageable" size, and then you can stitch several of these together if you truly need a ginormous single image.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version