ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

The large amount of memory

(1/3) > >>

Risare:
Hello!
I need to make a lot of screenshots of an extremely large scrollable area so I wonder if Screenshot Captor can use a large amount of memory on 64-bit OS (like 10 GB) to store captured images (Screenshot Captor stores the temporary images in the Clipboard).

mouser:
Im not sure what you are wanting to do.. Can you explain more about the task you wish to accomplish?

Risare:
I want to capture manually the large area of a map. The map has scroll controls so I use your scrollable area capture function. As map's scrollbars have no limits (they continue scrolling infinitely even when the slider reaches the end of the scrollbar) I use the manual capture. Well, the map is very large, so, again, I wonder if your software can handle a large amount of captured information in the Clipboard before saving to the harddrive. My PC has 16 GB RAM.

Risare:
Can I enter a 10 GB value here? Will it work? Your program is 32-bit.
The large amount of memory

mouser:
As you surmised, SC will not be able to use 10gb of memory for the images, and will probably top out at 2-4 gb.

Have you considered whether you really want to stitch together all of these images into one giant 10gb image, or whether it might be preferable to just have a large number of appropriately named separate screen sized images?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version