ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Links in Signature

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
I have updated the forum code so signature (and similar linkable fields) will not be displayed until a member has been registered for 3 or more days.
The only downside is that it may make it harder to spot spammers.

wraith808:
I have updated the forum code so signature (and similar linkable fields) will not be displayed until a member has been registered for 3 or more days.
-mouser (August 15, 2016, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, it wasn't a problem either way.  I was just wondering when I saw the spam if that was the reason.

mouser:
I was wondering if the reason for the non-useful posts was to get past the threshold to post links in their sig?
--- End quote ---

i doubt they are thinking that cleverly, they are probably just posting to old threads in hopes of sticking their links/signature where people won't notice.  But we have a good community hear and such posts never survive a day without being reported :)

Stoic Joker:
-mouser (August 15, 2016, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Can you log the qualifying events somewhere (Email?) to draw attention to them?

mouser:
Yep, do that already :)
Even when signatures and other items are not shown, moderators get emails when people change their profile or edit an old post and try to sneak in a link (which could otherwise be pretty effective way of inserting spam).  The emails include a score indicating how suspicious the edit/signature/profilechange is

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version