ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting Article about Dual Income Family Financial Issues

<< < (2/2)

app103:

P.S. On a side note, I just hit your website, app103 and i was #1337 on your web counter  ;D

-Edvard (July 10, 2006, 12:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

|-|4 |-|4 |-|4   :D

Perry Mowbray:
I and my single-income-family friends have pondered the same question, but in hushed tones and out of sight of the N.O.W. spy cams. :)
-Edvard (July 10, 2006, 12:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

We're a 1.5 income home, but have been say this for quite a while. Supply and demand isn't it?

I don't have the figures to back it up (so tag this as My Honest Opinion), but I bet you can partly blame WWII.
--- End quote ---

And before that WWI. I believe that was when they had to lower the age of various things like voting and consent because they were sending our kids OS to die. I'd think the arguement was if they're old enough to die in a war they're old enough to vote. etc

I'm no historian, but I can certainly imagine the situation after WWII with a male shortage and "glut" of willing female workers.

In the book they very much point the finger at the middle class (of which I am a proud badge carrying member BTW) for adding to the upward spiral of prices (like houses which increase with bidding); often with the best of intentions for their family, but which has saddly backfired both for them and the market.

BTW- My family went single-income about 3 years ago and we are actuallly doing better. Go figure.
--- End quote ---

Well, I really liked what they said about that in the book: with a single income family you have a fall back position when problems arise. That is a great resource.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version