ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Vopt 9 defragger free

(1/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
Vopt 9 defrag for free.

Once installed copy the reg file text to a file named Vopt9reg.txt and place it in the same folder as vopt.exe.

Edit:  I tried this program a few years back.  Maybe I didn't keep it because it wasn't free.  But I ran it on my C: partition.  At first I got a bit paranoid when it showed it was going to close over 18,000 gaps on my partition.  But that only took about 25 minutes.  After it completed I did the analyze with Auslogics Pro.  It showed C: as being only .05 percent fragmented.  For those who like "quick" defraggers it seems positioned between Auslogics and MyDefrag.  They say the first defrag with Vopt takes the longest.  Supposedly if you use it multiple times per week there are fewer gaps to close.

One note, if you use Restore Points you may want to opt for the VSS compatible mode.  Conversely if you use a snapshot utility such as RollbackRX you should uninstall that utility before doing any defrag.

My impression after initial use is favorable.  A nice free tool. One nitpick the UI has a rather tiny font if you are over 40 years of age.  But otherwise the display shows what it going on as it moves the disk clusters around.

Shades:
The creator died and he made clear in his last will and testament that this software should become freeware after he died.

wraith808:
The creator died and he made clear in his last will and testament that this software should become freeware after he died.

-Shades (August 11, 2016, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's what it says on that page, from what I see.  Unless I'm not getting your reason for posting it when it is clearly stated?

Shades:
My bad, I saw this the other day on a different website and considered it was a nice afterthought from the creator. Just thought that I should mention it here. Guess I should have visited the vopt site first before posting.  :-[

Stoic Joker:
-Shades (August 11, 2016, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow! That's totally beyond cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version