ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for Workbench Design SW :: $10 bounty for 1st accepted answer

<< < (3/4) > >>

Stoic Joker:
For simplicities sake - especially for a one off project - I'll vote for pencil and paper. But then again I generally work from a picture in my head and write down almost nothing except for hard (environmental constraint) measurements that can't be deviated from.

I've yet to see a UI that can keep up with what's going on in my head. *Shrug*

40hz:
DraftSight is a pretty straightforward CAD program which I've used in the past for speaker cabinet plans. Basic version is free for the download.

Udemy has a nice little course which is on sale till August 15th for $20 called CAD for woodworkers that uses DraftSight for the course.

Deozaan:
A somewhat related thread:

Software for planning wood bookcases/cabinets/tables etc?

wraith808:
DraftSight is a pretty straightforward CAD program which I've used in the past for speaker cabinet plans. Basic version is free for the download.

Udemy has a nice little course which is on sale till August 15th for $20 called CAD for woodworkers that uses DraftSight for the course.
-40hz (August 09, 2016, 09:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

What's the difference between the free and paid versions?  I didn't see a comparison anywhere...

40hz:
What's the difference between the free and paid versions?  I didn't see a comparison anywhere...
-wraith808 (August 09, 2016, 09:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

AFAIK the pro version has an API that allows you to program it in LISP, comes with tech support, and some additional enterprise tools such as license management.

You can also download an unrestricted 30-day trial of the pro version if you think you're missing out on anything and try it yourself. For my needs and level of ability with CAD software, the free version is just fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version