ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for Workbench Design SW :: $10 bounty for 1st accepted answer

(1/4) > >>

Renegade:
I need some software to help me design a workbench.

I am NOT interested in learning 3D design, and I don't want to play fun & games with a 3D CAD program that makes me design screws and 2x4s and everything else. All of that stuff should be built in to the software.

In other words, I want to drag & drop 2x4s and other materials onto the design surface and get things done quickly.

Like LEGO.

Or like Visual Studio or any other typical software IDE where you can use and customise pre-made components. (Who in the world wants to write their own text input component when you can just drag & drop one?)

I tried Sketch (by Google) and hate it. There's no kind of "tool chest" with pre-made materials/items to use. Ick.

I don't want to spend a fortune on this either. If it's $100 or more, I'll stick to pencil & paper. Free is best. Also, I'm a total bigot and prefer open source software, e.g. MIT or GPL, etc. Proprietary is ok, but has to be worth it. Also, if it is proprietary, I'm also a total bigot again and prefer software from mISVs over large software development companies.

The workbench will be used for a variety of purposes, including working with wood, metal, and electronics.

So, requirements in brief:

* High level functionality
* Ease of use
* Cheap or free (no $gajillion CAD suites - free is best)
* No OS X software
Bounty: $10 in DC credits to whoever has a sane recommendation for me that I can actually use.

KynloStephen66515:
http://www.workbenchdesign.net/rplansfree.html

Dunno how good that link will be for you though :)

Renegade:
@Stephen66515 - Not quite. Those are all existing plans, and I'm looking for some software that will let me do the design.

KynloStephen66515:
Ah. No worries, it was only from a very quick Google Search xD Have you tried something like a floor planner?

KynloStephen66515:
Www.floorplanner.com is what I use for a lot of stuff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version