ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS more colourful default?

(1/2) > >>

dcwul62:

Hi there,

I just launched the portable version x64 from scratch. Maybe you wish to add some more colors to it?
A positively meant tip only.

Yes I know.. one can set a lot of colors everywhere within CHS, but wouldn't be nicer to have a bit more colorful default skin?

Attached a clipboard copy of donationcoder CHS home page vs a random selected other clipboard manager.

again, positively meant!

=
=
=
=

IainB:
Eh? Is there a "lack of colour" in CHS?
One of the things that I rather like about CHS is the extent to which you can customise the UI (User Interface) - areas that can be made more conducive to easier perception and improved ergonomics, including, for example,  the "skin" panel colours and font(s) and font sizes, and the layout options.

Two examples:
       Here's a "standard" layout that I use, with colours and fonts that suit my peculiar needs:

Here's a 3-pane vertical layout that I use with the same colours and fonts:

f0dder:
Tastes differ - I find the "Save.Me" screenshot to look pretty gaudy, and prefer applications to use the Windows system skin unless there's a very good reason to look different. Which there isn't, for 99% of the software out there :)

dcwul62:
@Iainb
The only point/suggestion I wanted to make is to just have some default skin/style/colorset (or whatever) that adds somewhat more color to CHS.
see: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=26575.0
Yes, I know, one can go thru settings and stuff and add colors, etc., but that was not what I had in mind.

@f0dder: save.me was just an example. it has very limited possibilities to adjust colors. I think only - AFAIK only untag Area Effect.
but that's it.

=
CHS more colourful default?   CHS more colourful default?

=

IainB:
@Iainb
The only point/suggestion I wanted to make is to just have some default skin/style/colorset (or whatever) that adds somewhat more color to CHS.
see: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=26575.0
Yes, I know, one can go thru settings and stuff and add colors, etc., but that was not what I had in mind.
@f0dder: save.me was just an example. it has very limited possibilities to adjust colors. I think only - AFAIK only untag Area Effect.
but that's it.
-dcwul62 (August 03, 2016, 07:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, I see. In addition to the colours used in the standard and example layouts already provided  - per Menu | Layouts - maybe @mouser could add/provide some more layouts with assorted colours/fonts/font sizes in them? Is that what you are suggesting?
As a long-time user of CHS I had become used to setting up my own layouts with assorted colours/fonts/font sizes in them. I do think that it's a bit tricky sometimes to get the right colours/fonts/font sizes, and I recall I had to do some of that by trial-and-error.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version