ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Toying with TheBat! - any plugin suggestions?

<< < (4/4)

Defenestration:
I used to use Outlook Express which came with XP, but have since switched to Thunderbird which I have been using for about a year or so. When I initially switched to Thunderbird I imported my OE mailboxes and mostb but not all the messages/message folders were imported (presumably due to a problem with the TB importer). I'm now considering switching to another e-mail client and was wondering if any of them would allow me to import mailboxes from both OE (I still have the old ones) and Thunderbird, but automatically filter out any duplicate messages (ie. so I would end up with all the messages/folders from OE along with all new messages from TB) ?

Failing that, would it be possible to just import both mailbox formats, and then use some filtering feature to select/delete any duplicate messages ?

BTW, I quite liked TheBat when I tried it a while ago but the UI did not allow you to double-click on the right side of column separators to automatically resize the width of the column to the left, to the widest item in that column. Do the newer versions have this feature ?

Carol Haynes:
Can you import them backing into OE? Most email clients can import from OE. Not sure if you can avoid duplicates though easily.

If you have MS Office you can import emails from OE into Outlook and I think there is an option to avoid duplicates (can't remember as it has been a long time since I did it). In which case you could imposrt from OE, delete everything in OE and then transfer all your stuff from Thunderbird to OE and then finally import to Outlook without duplicates. You could the delete everything in OE again and then export everything back to OE from Outlook which would leave you with a complete set of emails with no duplicates!

On the other hand it may be just quicker to have duplicates and see if you can find a duplicate remover for OE.

Defenestration:
I am gradually using more and more e-mail accounts for various purposes. I'm still using Thunderbird at the moment, which handles them without any problems, but it doesn't seem to allow the accounts to be moved up/down in the treeview on the left (ie. they are always shown in the order that the accounts were added).

Does TheBat! allow the accounts to be moved up/down in the treeview on the left ?

Alternatively, does anybody know how to achieve this in Thunderbird ?

hamradio:
I am gradually using more and more e-mail accounts for various purposes. I'm still using Thunderbird at the moment, which handles them without any problems, but it doesn't seem to allow the accounts to be moved up/down in the treeview on the left (ie. they are always shown in the order that the accounts were added).

Does TheBat! allow the accounts to be moved up/down in the treeview on the left ?

Alternatively, does anybody know how to achieve this in Thunderbird ?
-Defenestration (December 31, 2006, 12:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

For The Bat! it does via right click menu on account to move and then Move Up/Move Down or select the account you want to move then Shift+Ctrl+Up for Move Up and Shift+Ctrl+Down for Move Down.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version