ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 - The gloves come off!

<< < (4/5) > >>

40hz:
It's called a backdoor.

Let's not mince words.

Stoic Joker:
Backdoors are one (separate issue) thing, nailing my (Admin) side door shut OTOH is flat-out infuriating beyond words.

I flattened it, and went with the older 1511 build to get it to act right. Now I gotta "upgrade" it back to the WTF (Adversary) build and see what happens. Jesus Christ, I ain't got time for this silly shit.

Stoic Joker:
So, on he plus side...the anniversary edition upgrade is blazingly fast. And I say this because it only took 30 minutes to do on the - i5-4440 with a mech drive - test machine I've been fighting with.

Originally it had decided to auto load the 'Home" edition of 10 (instead of asking me...), which forced me to do an internal (enter new key...) upgrade of it to the proper Pro edition I needed to get it on a domain. And this is the part that apparently previously went horribly - Horribly... - wrong. Because while it said it had completed successfully...it hadn't...not even close ... Which appears in retrospect to be why it was being such a - completely impossible - pain in the ass to log into.

Everything is back where it belongs after the 1511 pro to Anniversary Pro upgrade.

Stoic Joker:
Oh Yeah... After going through the usual turn-off-the-nosey-bits part of the install. Cortana seems just as off as it has always been in previous versions ... So I really don't quite get what all the hub-bub is about.

Cortana is removed (e.g. is removable) from the TaskBar - I hit the Windows key, type what want, get what I want, and go on with my day.

*Shrug*

wraith808:
Oh Yeah... After going through the usual turn-off-the-nosey-bits part of the install. Cortana seems just as off as it has always been in previous versions ... So I really don't quite get what all the hub-bub is about.

Cortana is removed (e.g. is removable) from the TaskBar - I hit the Windows key, type what want, get what I want, and go on with my day.

*Shrug*
-Stoic Joker (August 05, 2016, 09:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

That was my thought too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version