ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 - The gloves come off!

<< < (3/5) > >>

4wd:
I think this comment pretty much summed it up perfectly:

ok, I will will hopefully clear this up, windows 10 home version is all about raping you and making money, windows 10 pro is all about omg we need to still sell sh*t to people that are'nt looking at p*rn and deciding icecream dates. windows 10 enterprise is all about we need to not f**k up our government contract that makes us a** loads of money. lol
--- End quote ---

:P

Attronarch:
Well, fuck.

IainB:
Well, f#ck.
-Attronarch (August 01, 2016, 05:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
@Attronarch: Very pithy. Do your ancestors hail from Sparta by any chance?    ;D

xtabber:
The “free upgrade” to Windows 10 has ended.  It is now time for Microsoft to reel in their nets and start processing the catch.
[..]
Step 2: Prevent users from disabling ads and forced installs.
-xtabber (July 30, 2016, 07:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

there must be a lot of professional users of the pro edition -- I cant see link #2 there being accepted by them. Hopefully MS will change that.
But would still be a crappy experience for home users then...
-tomos (July 31, 2016, 02:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Microsoft is in fact offering a solution to this problem for businesses.

Windows 10 Enterprise allows forced upgrades and installs to be turned off, at least for a while.  But you will need to pay for this since Windows 10 Enterprise is moving to a subscription model.  The announced pricing is $84 per year ($7/month) per user, with a minimum of 5 users, although that could change, and it will probably cost much less for very large users.

Stoic Joker:
There does not appear to be a proper way of adding the Anniversary - or should I say adversary - edition to a domain. Damn thing said it was on the domain, but it keeps telling me the password is wrong (it ain't) WTF!?!

No local users option listed in Computer Management anymore?!?

Gaaaaa!!! Pissing off the Admin is not a good introduction to an "Update" MS!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version