ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Ghacks looks at software giveaway sites

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
Ghacks has an interesting roundup of software free giveaway sites today, with a concise comparison chart:
http://www.ghacks.net/2016/07/27/free-software-giveaway-sites-overview/

anandcoral:
I have bookmarked it  :Thmbsup:

It would be good if we can automate search on all these links for deal of the day and present one page with it. DC snack, anyone ?

Regards,

Anand

MilesAhead:
I have bookmarked it  :Thmbsup:

It would be good if we can automate search on all these links for deal of the day and present one page with it. DC snack, anyone ?

Regards,

Anand

-anandcoral (July 28, 2016, 02:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Short of that there is a pretty good round-up updated several times a week on Giveaway Radar

One thing I like about it, if the "giveaway" on a particular site is set up so that it requires posting in a forum for a limited number of licenses or some other tactic that excludes non-regulars, Giveaway Radar notes it in large red letters.  That saves me from looking through the BS only to find all 50 slots were filled 15 seconds after the software giveaway was announced, as often happens on these "contests."

anandcoral:
Short of that there is a pretty good round-up updated several times a week on Giveaway Radar
-MilesAhead (July 28, 2016, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wow MilesAhead, bookmarked it too  :Thmbsup: Also the Android page   :D

Now if I can get time enough each day to look through the pages  :)

Regards,

Anand

MilesAhead:
Now if I can get time enough each day to look through the pages
-anandcoral (July 28, 2016, 12:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know there's quite a bit to read.  I wish too there was written some hints about which giveaway sites have better licensing set up with the software publishers.  For example I got Wise Care 365 Pro on one site.  A one year license.  But 2 months before the license was to expire I got a nag screen every time I ran it.  I took it off and got the same program from another giveaway site.  No nag screen.  I guess that's what user discussion is for.  Those on the supply side are not likely to note such differences.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version