ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[REQUEST] Support for CTRL + SHIFT+ ARROW key selecting functionality

(1/1)

dcsev:
Hi mouser,
When I press CTRL + SHIFT and use Left or Right arrow I am unable to select the word(s);  I am able to do this in virtually every other program.  Is it possible to add this functionality to FARR? I realize it may not apparently to most people how useful this is, but it is once you start using it. Pretty please, it is one of the last things in my quest for FARR Meta-search. (Thank you, btw! It saves me a ton of time!!!).

PS: Metasearch working great :)

dcsev:
Reserved

Ath:
Selection in 99.999% of Windows applications is performed by using shift+arrow keys, ctrl is to be added when selecting larger parts of the word at the cursor. Ctrl+arrow (right/left) is used to 'jump' to the next/previous word. Ctrl+up/down action depends on the type of application and input-context.

dcsev:
Selection in 99.999% of Windows applications is performed by using shift+arrow keys, ctrl is to be added when selecting larger parts of the word at the cursor. Ctrl+arrow (right/left) is used to 'jump' to the next/previous word. Ctrl+up/down action depends on the type of application and input-context.
-Ath (July 27, 2016, 09:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Argh! This is what I get for staying up all night.  Yes, you are right and I modified the opening post.  I meant to say I want to be able to use CTRL + SHIFT + arrow keys (left or right) for selecting one of multiple words between spaces.

phitsc:
Note that this been discussed and requested multiple times, see here for example. I was once of the opinion that this was intended behavior, although I'm not sure any more. Anyway, it seems to be really difficult to convince mouser to actually change this ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version