ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

how should I roll back java?

<< < (3/7) > >>

techidave:
You might try these uninstall instructions from JAVA.com       

Or download the Java uninstaller Here

Dave

holt:
The JavaRa crew now say that there's no longer a need for the software as the Oracle Java installer does a thorough job of removing older versions. On my own systems I have found this to be true.
-cranioscopical (August 01, 2016, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1.  I just updated today and the installer found both the 64 and 32 bit obsolete versions and removed them.
-MilesAhead (August 01, 2016, 01:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Tnx! Problem solved. :)

holt:
My Gateway TA6 laptop died a month ago, and I'm finally up again with an old Celeron and Windows XP Home which I just upgraded with 2GB RAM.
McAfee antiV refuses to let me transfer their product; can anyone please recommend a good free antiV?

Shades:
Not sure which of the free AV's still support Windows XP.

BitDefender, Panda, Avira and Avast are the usual suspects when I fix computers for others.

ClamWin is the only open source AV I know and I would guess that it still supports XP. It doesn't come with real-time protection by default. There are 3rd party tools that make real-time protection possible with ClamWin, but usually at the cost of resources, something Celeron-based processors do not have much of. Not in desktop PCs and definitely not in laptops.

holt:
Tnx. I'm using an old desktop celeron; works good with 2gb ram.
The Avira link download failed to open; maybe because I'm using Windows XP. I'll try the oldapps version;
http://www.oldapps.com/antivir.php?old_antivir=16155

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version