ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

how should I roll back java?

<< < (2/7) > >>

techidave:
Revo Uninstaller??

cyberdiva:
There is a (free) tool called: JavaRA  which is supposed to be able to cleanup Java installations on a Windows PC.
-Shades (July 27, 2016, 08:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
I strongly second Shades' recommendation.  I was having a lot of problems with Java on my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit computer, including old versions that supposedly had been uninstalled.  I finally used JavaRA, and it did a terrific job of cleaning things up.  I was then able to install the most recent Java version, which I hadn't been able to do until then.  That was months ago, and (knock on wood, salt over my shoulder), I've had no Java problems since then.

MilesAhead:
There is a (free) tool called: JavaRA  which is supposed to be able to cleanup Java installations on a Windows PC.
-Shades (July 27, 2016, 08:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I used it sometime in 2014.  I forget the exact issue but it must not have done any damage since I still have it on.  Worth a try for sure.   :Thmbsup:

cranioscopical:
The JavaRa crew now say that there's no longer a need for the software as the Oracle Java installer does a thorough job of removing older versions. On my own systems I have found this to be true.

MilesAhead:
The JavaRa crew now say that there's no longer a need for the software as the Oracle Java installer does a thorough job of removing older versions. On my own systems I have found this to be true.
-cranioscopical (August 01, 2016, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1.  I just updated today and the installer found both the 64 and 32 bit obsolete versions and removed them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version