ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

how should I roll back java?

(1/7) > >>

holt:
Since the latest java update, my video is slightly screwy sometimes. How should I roll back to the last version? I see in Add or Remove Programs, three Java entries; Java 8 Update 101, 73, and 77. I have Windows XP. Tnx.

ConstanceJill:
Hello there ^^

I don't know of any graphics driver that relies on Java, so unless you're talking about a Java based game (Minecraft?) I don't think the problem is related to that update, and I wouldn't advise rolling back Java due to security issues.

Curt:
it is of course a good thing to remove old java leftovers. Use their own uninstaller:

>>Java Uninstall Tool<<

Should I uninstall older versions of Java?

We highly recommend that you uninstall all older versions of Java from your system.
Keeping old versions of Java on your system presents a serious security risk.
Uninstalling older versions of Java from your system ensures that Java applications will run with the latest security and performance improvements on your system.

--- End quote ---

holt:
I'm glad I asked. I show Java 8 Update 101, 73, and 77. Should I leave 101, and uninstall 73 and 77? Tnx.

Shades:
There is a (free) tool called: JavaRA  which is supposed to be able to cleanup Java installations on a Windows PC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version