ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Replace text months to digital months

<< < (2/3) > >>

Lintalist:
Good tip from IainB there - I do this myself as well, makes it easy to sort :-)

If the above script works for you can call it in your file manager with some parameters. In Total Commander (TC) you can pass on the current folder, selected files etc. That way you can only process the folder or files you have selected - it (TC) can also ask you to input or confirm some data about the selected files or folder. I don't know if DO can do this as well.

But it would be fairly easy to modify the posted script so it asks you to:
- select a folder
- enter a file mask

You can also compile such a script so you have an EXE so you can use it everywhere without the need for AutoHotkey to be installed.

I would suggest you try the script as it is first and install AutoHotkey (or use the portable installer - but installing makes your life easier as you can just double click to start the script or right click run and right click compile for example)

ConstanceJill:
[…]
Thus, you can always find/sort documents by date (thus putting the date to good use), and there's no easy mistake about dates in ISO format.
-IainB (July 21, 2016, 08:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yup :)
Also, http://xkcd.com/1179/ (kinda relevant)

IainB:
@ConstanceJill: Yes, the xkcd cartoon is spot-on.
There's a great Dilbert one too:

magician62:

Thus, you can always find/sort documents by date (thus putting the date to good use), and there's no easy mistake about dates in ISO format.
-IainB (July 21, 2016, 08:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
Isn't this how everyone does it? :) I have been using this technique since 1982. And the ISO wasn't even published till 1988 :)

ConstanceJill:
Isn't this how everyone does it? :)-magician62 (August 01, 2016, 02:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, unfortunately, no.
I tried explaining to my mother how much more logical it was to proceed this way, but...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version