topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 12:38 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Add a folder to right-click context menu similar.  (Read 5400 times)

Eóin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Add a folder to right-click context menu similar.
« on: March 02, 2007, 09:47 AM »
Context menus have been mentioned here in the past e.g.

https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=6411.0
https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=3101.0
https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=3241.0

I gather they are unwieldly beasts to code, not least cause they use COM. But what I was thinking of is small in comparasion to say the suggested ContextMenu Commander so it might not prove too difficult.

Basicially I use a small taskbar menu as a custom start menu organised just how I like it. See small screenshot. What I'd really love is if I could add this to the context menu associated with the desktop, or even all right click menus if possible. Finally the icing on the cake would be if it could be cascaded like the 7-zip menu shown below too.

CustomMenu.PNG 7zipExample.PNG
Note VS and Icons are from areao4.2 if people are interested :) .
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 09:49 AM by Eóin »

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Add a folder to right-click context menu similar.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 10:39 AM »
If your menu is one of the standard "folder based" taskbar menu bars, then I think that stardock's right click will be able to do it. You can add a "folder based" menu in aout 2 minutes.

Just to test it i created a folder with games links, added it as a taskbar toolbar
[attach=#1][/attach]

Then I added the same one to right click commander and I get the same menu.
[attach=#2][/attach]
I don't know if that's what you meant?

"right click" is $9.99 but there's probably freeware tools that do the same, I just never looked for them since I had the object dekstop suite.

PS: I think it also can use any skin/windows style you have installed (I'm on XP) in the options menu, but I could be wrong. I actually don't use that tool (or object bar, its bigger brother) anymore, out of lazyness - Both wirekeys and sendman have customised my right click menu and I'm too lazy to see how to add them to rightclick or object bar...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 10:47 AM by iphigenie »

Eóin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 12:59 PM »
Hi iphigenip, thanks for that link :) .

Indeed "Right Click" does look like it would do the job. It's perhaps slightly expensive given the amount of it's features I probably wouldn't need (plugin's, skins and such). I wonder if others hear know of similar apps.

Nighted

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 02:10 AM »
Probably not exactly what you're looking for but you can set it up to run programs from the context menu. Go with the submenu pack.

SpiritPyre's Shell Extensions
I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.