ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Stumbleupon - better pass your time on the web

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
just to follow up with some extra features:

when you rate a page, it gets added to your page list, which you can see at any time, so its also useful to remember sites.

and don't miss the ability to look at other peoples comment about a site, just click the white "comments" button to see what other people think about the site you are on:

comment page for donationcoder.com:

brotherS:
I agree, it's a great way to kill a few hours! :D

housetier:
And SU makes it so easy, so enticing to waste a few hours because everything is only one click away. So it does not take effort at all to see something new. Even if I used my bookmarks, I'd need more clicks!

housetier:
Last night when I wanted to stumble some more before going to bed, I was sent to a SU page asking me questions. It looked like a survey thing and might have been there to improve SU. It also might have been there to find out more about me which then is shared with their affiliates... I haven't read SU's privacy policy and TOS yet, so I can't say.

Point is, that wasn't so much a stumble as it was some sort of nag-page. I shall observe, how frequently this happens.

Es ist nicht alles Gold, was glänzt!

brotherS:
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6094106.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=zdnn

The 4-year-old company produces a browser plug-in that recommends popular Web sites to its users based on their stated preferences--such as photography, science or cool gadgets--and the endorsement of others in the Stumbleupon community within those categories. It's like channel surfing with a Web remote that knows what you might like.

The application now has 1 million registered users from Mozilla Firefox, the primary browser it supports, following improvements Stumbleupon made to it in May, according to the company. And next week, Stumbleupon will unveil a public version for Microsoft's Internet Explorer, which commands the majority of the browser market, in the hopes of expanding its membership by the millions.

[...]

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version