topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:03 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Stardock's Object Desktop On Sale - 60% Off  (Read 10511 times)

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Stardock's Object Desktop On Sale - 60% Off
« on: July 04, 2016, 09:47 AM »
What It Is -

Stardock's Object Desktop is a subscription to all of Stardock's most popular software. You will find WindowBlinds, Fences, etc. included for one low price. You can read about it here:

http://www.stardock.com/products/odnt/

How much It Costs -

Normally, Object Desktop costs $49.99 annually. Through this offer it only costs $19.99.

How To Get It -

When checking out just use coupon code OD2016-60.

When Does The Offer Expire -

The offer expires on July 20, 2016.

Things To Keep In Mind -

1. This is a subscription. You will lose access to your account and the software installers 365 days from date of subscription activation unless you renew.

2. Downloading and archiving the software installers is permitted. After your subscription expires one may still install the products one has downloaded and use them forever. One will just not have access to program updates.

3. Again, the offer expires on July 20, 2016.

4. Finally, for current subscribers, you *can* take advantage of this offer and it will extend your current subscription by 365 days. This will save one $10.00 off the normal renewal rate.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Stardock's Object Desktop On Sale - 60% Off
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 03:52 AM »
Thanks for informing!  :up:

I had to click "Need to change the order?" before I was able to paste the discount code.

----
A picture of what you get :

1StardockObjectDesktop.gif

ayryq

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 06:11 PM »
I've always wanted to try some of these. Makes me think (fondly) of compiz on linux. Checking out now. Note that my total was $21.19 with tax.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 10:44 AM »
I'm glad I was able to help someone else explore Object Desktop. Stardock isn't one of my favorite companies, but I've always been curious about their Object Desktop product line. Fifty bucks was a little steep just to satisfy one's curiosity, but a thirty dollar discount makes it much more palatable.

Stardock's Fences is what really intrigues me. There's nothing quite like it being offered anywhere else.

ayryq

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 08:01 PM »
Fences is the one that is still running after a couple days. I'm not sure if all the components are quite ready to be run, all at once, on "preview" builds of Windows 10. I was getting completely-black context menus, no start button, lost wallpaper, crazy stuff... I need to add things one at a time and see what's worth the CPU/memory hit.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 08:32 PM »
Fences and Multiplicity are the only two Stardock offerings I have running.  I found that the others were nice to look at, but not worth keeping continuously running.  I bought them years ago, and am still using the versions that I bought.  Tiles was Ok, but it wasn't ready for primetime when I tried it.  I'm interested in the start menu replacement and the app that lets you run modern ui apps as regular apps, so any info on that would help me decide whether this is worth it.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 09:58 AM »
I'm interested in the start menu replacement and the app that lets you run modern ui apps as regular apps, so any info on that would help me decide whether this is worth it.
FWIW the drop-in start menu has worked well on any machine on which I've tried it (on 4 machines, from its inceptiion up to 10). My wife uses it but doesn't know that  ;)

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 10:37 AM »
I'm interested in the start menu replacement and the app that lets you run modern ui apps as regular apps, so any info on that would help me decide whether this is worth it.

Before you shell out for Stardock's start menu replacement you should research a comparison between it and Classic Start Menu. I use neither, but comparison reviews usually show Classic Start Menu coming out on top in regards to features and it's freeware.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 11:46 AM »

Before you shell out for Stardock's start menu replacement you should research a comparison between it and Classic Start Menu. I use neither, but comparison reviews usually show Classic Start Menu coming out on top in regards to features and it's freeware.

I've already taken a look at that one.  And don't currently have it running.

* wraith808 shrugs

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 07:31 AM »
Not sure if you are on Windows 10 or something else, but if you are then come August 2nd the Anniversary release will be out and there are some tweaks to the start menu coming. Nothing major, but some minor refinements that some may find useful.