ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Cubiq - A Match-Three Game for Android

<< < (8/9) > >>

Deozaan:
Thanks for the experience, and thanks for having me around.
-Ath (July 23, 2016, 04:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for giving it a test drive.

If you don't mind giving a little more feedback, I'd like to hear what part(s) you consider too small to play? I used to test the game on my Galaxy Nexusw (from 2011) which has a 4.65" screen, and I thought things looked fine. But we have made some changes to the UI since I last tested on that device. And these days it's so old and slow it can barely run the OS, so I don't even really use it anymore.

Ath:
Well, I've just played Cubiq for a short while on the Nexus 5. I constantly find my hand covering the current scores per color, as my primary hand is my right hand. If I could swap the scores to the left side, it would be better playable, I think. I still would fail the critters level (13 is a lot when just catching 3 or 4 cubes at a time), I guess, as I'm not ver good at any game (I usually lose interest afer a few seconds) but just by keep playing sometimes helps me pass a level  :-[

Oh, and the speed on the Nexus stays fast enough now, even after playing a bit longer.

Deozaan:
I still would fail the critters level (13 is a lot when just catching 3 or 4 cubes at a time), I guess, as I'm not ver good at any game (I usually lose interest afer a few seconds) but just by keep playing sometimes helps me pass a level  :-[-Ath (July 24, 2016, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

You may want to consider activating some time/moves boosters to help you out. They'll give you more time or moves when you get a combo. They're essential for completing the later stages of the game. Also, try going for different patterns. For example, try making a connection in the shape of a plus sign. That's 5 cubes right there. Or if you do a big one, that's 9!

Due to feedback like this, we're trying to figure out a way we could show tips now and then. Right now we're leaning to showing them on the loading screen, since we're aware that that lasts a bit longer than most people would prefer. :Thmbsup:

Oh, and the speed on the Nexus stays fast enough now, even after playing a bit longer.
-Ath (July 24, 2016, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Glad to hear it!

Deozaan:
We just released another beta update. This one took a lot longer than previous ones, but is also packed with more fixes and changes.

With this release, we fixed one of the major outstanding known issues, which was that you could complete a level and get game over at the same time if you happened to fill all the meters with your last move or just as time ran out. That shouldn't happen anymore. We also gave the game a graphical overhaul in some aspects, improving the visual quality on higher resolution screens.

But probably the most notable visual change is something that I think is a good compromise between what Jibz was requesting ("dice-like" images that rotate) and our desire to make it look good without confusing people too much. We've added guides to the cubes which will show you which direction you need to swipe each cube to get a certain color to appear. Take a look at these before and after images:

In the image above, you can see that you would swipe from the top down to get yellow. Or from the right to the left to get red. Et cetera.

The image above is just a before and after shot of the higher quality images used for the meters. Please note that there is some dithering in the above GIFs to reduce filesize which lowers the quality a bit.

Visit the website for the full changelog.

Jibz:
Very nice cleanup of the graphics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version