ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Updates to fix screen resolution errors using different res. monitors

<< < (2/4) > >>

IainB:
@Clairvaux: In response to what you last commented - I am essentially saying that the visual/perception deficiencies that you experience in common with the OP by @Holisticmdwf are also experienced by me, but that CHS has options to adjust the fonts and colours to the extent that the UI becomes pretty much perfectly usable (try it as I suggested, and you will be able to see for yourself), whereas SC does not have similar UI adjustment options.

To some extent therefore, both SC and CHS could be described as "legacy" software, in that they were not necessarily developed to work under ("support") the current OS and hi-res screen technologies - the latter issue, for example, being as @tomos points out.
It seems that the newer computer technologies have taken us backwards in terms of the ergonomics of visual perception. The manufacturers and OS producers are largely responsible for this, but they seem to have treated it as an externality (i.e., SEP - Somebody Else's Problem). The experience of difficulty in reading some on-screen displays of information today - and which might have been perfectly legible on-screen a few years ago - cannot be simply ascribed to needing reading glasses, or something.
However, it is apparently left up to the developers to rewrite their program code to work around the new constraints, and I guess this will necessitate the commitment of time and effort by the developer(s) involved. In the case of SC and SCH, that would be @mouser, and he probably would be well aware of the problem, since on-screen legibility is certainly not a new issue.

mouser:
Ok I'm ready to take another run at this stuff.. i'll read everything over and try to come up with some useful to say this weekend.

freericks:
While not an optimal fix, windows does have a built in magnifier (activates with windows key and plus sign), which can make options readable under magnification and then toggled back to look at full screen again.

IainB:
^^ Yes, and don't forget zoom levels:

* Ctrl and + (Zoom in).
* Ctrl and -  (Zoom out).
* Press repeatedly to zoom in/out more.
* Ctrl+0 restores zoom level to 100%.
(The latter is not to be confused with Ctrl+"n" where n=1-8 - which are tab numbers in order, Left-to-Right - and wher 9 is the rightmost tab.)

tomos:
^^ yeah, and the easiest way to activate and use (in win 7 at any rate) is:

* Win and + [plus key]
* Win and - [minus key]#1 activates it and zooms in, #2 will then also work.

But apart from this workaround, I'm (obviously) still hoping mouser will have another look at font sizes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version