ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Stardock's Object Desktop On Sale - 60% Off

<< < (2/2)

wraith808:
Fences and Multiplicity are the only two Stardock offerings I have running.  I found that the others were nice to look at, but not worth keeping continuously running.  I bought them years ago, and am still using the versions that I bought.  Tiles was Ok, but it wasn't ready for primetime when I tried it.  I'm interested in the start menu replacement and the app that lets you run modern ui apps as regular apps, so any info on that would help me decide whether this is worth it.

cranioscopical:
I'm interested in the start menu replacement and the app that lets you run modern ui apps as regular apps, so any info on that would help me decide whether this is worth it.
-wraith808 (July 10, 2016, 08:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
FWIW the drop-in start menu has worked well on any machine on which I've tried it (on 4 machines, from its inceptiion up to 10). My wife uses it but doesn't know that  ;)

Innuendo:
I'm interested in the start menu replacement and the app that lets you run modern ui apps as regular apps, so any info on that would help me decide whether this is worth it.-wraith808 (July 10, 2016, 08:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Before you shell out for Stardock's start menu replacement you should research a comparison between it and Classic Start Menu. I use neither, but comparison reviews usually show Classic Start Menu coming out on top in regards to features and it's freeware.

wraith808:
I'm interested in the start menu replacement and the app that lets you run modern ui apps as regular apps, so any info on that would help me decide whether this is worth it.-wraith808 (July 10, 2016, 08:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Before you shell out for Stardock's start menu replacement you should research a comparison between it and Classic Start Menu. I use neither, but comparison reviews usually show Classic Start Menu coming out on top in regards to features and it's freeware.

-Innuendo (July 12, 2016, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've already taken a look at that one.  And don't currently have it running.

* wraith808 shrugs

Innuendo:
Not sure if you are on Windows 10 or something else, but if you are then come August 2nd the Anniversary release will be out and there are some tweaks to the start menu coming. Nothing major, but some minor refinements that some may find useful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version