ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Does this exist and if not can someone write it up?

<< < (3/4) > >>

questorfla:
Skrommel also made an app a long time ago that is similar to this, called ShowOff:

Described here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=792.0

Note that the download link is wrong, it's now on this page: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/#ShowOff
-mouser (June 30, 2016, 08:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Glad you saw that Mouser.  I found the same links.  And was SO disappointed when I clicked and found they were "deadlinks" :huh:
I had not gotten around to sending a note yet but the post was SO long ago.  Was it 2008 or before that even.  2005?
I Found it on  a Google Search though.  So somewhere "Out There" in Google-Land there is still a Search page sending people to the wrong place.  I wonder if here is a way to refresh old links for every Google Hit?
Thanks much fr the new URLs.  I am going to test that one too.  Sometimes OLD tools are the BEST tools.

questorfla:
This feature already was built into the CP/M based Zilog Z80 CPU home-built computer I owned (not built though) about 30 years ago (I still have it, not sure if the floppies still are readable to make it boot). And I found it to be a very useful feature!
-Ath (June 30, 2016, 05:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
OK, ATH, You got me on that one, I have never seen what you speak of.  BUT,  I DO remember well having a Keyboard that had a small LCD window at the top that DID show exactly what the user was typing.  It was "back in the day" when the batteries in the keyboard dwere there just to power this tiny display windows.  Everything else was wired to the PS2 plug.  Or maybe even before PS2.?? A LONG time ago regardless.

I was serius going to tell her to turn on the TEXT to SPEECH until I figured it would SAY a lowercase "e" just like an UPPERCASE "E":   :-[

questorfla:
An4wd 4WD.  I saved you for last.  Because you never let it be said that it could not be done and done better.  Even if I dont have the slightest idea how to use what you posted  :'(  I will though :Thmbsup:
if it is more of that 'focusless' stuff, I am all-IN  for that@!!  Like BlackMagic.  That little sheet of carbon paper is STILL stuck to my shoe and folowing me around typing as I type.  I see every mistake TWICE now.  Hmmmm.......
Anyway, do I need to Download AutoIT also?  I see that you edited lines in the hundreds but only see lines to 23 in your post.  It's been a long day and isn't even Friday yet.

THANKS to everyone here for taking an interest and making a contribution to the Quest.

4wd:
Even if I dont have the slightest idea how to use what you posted-questorfla (June 30, 2016, 10:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Download archive, extract, run program  :)

It'll keep displaying keys, (and the Tooltip will get bigger), until you hit Escape, then it terminates.  For what you want there is no need to have something running all the time.

Anyway, do I need to Download AutoIT also?
--- End quote ---

Nope, it's just there for people to peruse - it's not my source, I just modified it.

questorfla:
Even if I dont have the slightest idea how to use what you posted-questorfla (June 30, 2016, 10:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Download archive, extract, run program  :)

It'll keep displaying keys, (and the Tooltip will get bigger), until you hit Escape, then it terminates.  For what you want there is no need to have something running all the time.

Anyway, do I need to Download AutoIT also?
--- End quote ---

Nope, it's just there for people to peruse - it's not my source, I just modified it.
-4wd (June 30, 2016, 11:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Gotacha and thanks
I zipped over to Mouser's updated link tto all of Skrommels stuff and probably download 40 before I realized that they probably dont work on Win 10 :(
'sigh'

The Good Ole' Days!

SEE!!!! I told ya if 4WD did it, he would have to do it better 

Just like Focusless Input, it is ALSO stuck to my moiuses feet.  But yours.... More like saran wrap :)  REALLLLLY tight.  And yep, every mistake I make is there to haunt me

ARGH!!    Can't shake it off!  Even says {enter} can you get rid of that too ?  BUT.  Once again, a perfect tool for the need.  Uh  maybe a right click to kill button? 

DUH!    "...........as  soon as you hit Escape the program terminates, ..........  "
Missed that one.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version