ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

converting whole website to kindle-compatible ebook

(1/3) > >>

HankFriedman:
I've been searching the web for days now for a program that will convert an entire website (with links) into an ebook that will work on a Kindle ebook reader.

Does anyone out there know a program that will do this?

I was able to download a website completely using HTTrack and have it function offline, but when I tried to convert it to an ebook using Calibre, Calibre failed every time, even using the command line web2book and other methods.

I know that there are several programs that will convert one HTML page to mobi format, but I need to convert a whole website.

Help please!

wraith808:
I don't know specifically... but have you tried googling your title?  There are several links that look like they might be good starts for investigation unless someone else has a solution offhand.  Just a suggestion.

HankFriedman:
Of course I searched and searched for those terms but to no avail, which is why I have asked all of you for help.

4wd:
Did you try zipping up the downloaded website and sending it to your Send-to-Kindle email address?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/email

Mentioned on StackExchange.

Might be dependent on how complex the website is though.

wraith808:
Of course I searched and searched for those terms but to no avail, which is why I have asked all of you for help.
-HankFriedman (June 27, 2016, 11:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Apologies.  After what I saw from the google search, I figured I'd ask.  Did you try those entries?  What didn't they do?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version