ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help! WINDOWS 10 ----> WINDOWS 7

(1/2) > >>

dMbTiger:
I have an Asus U47A laptop which I upgraded to Windows 10 without errors. After the upgrade I had no Ethernet/WiFi connection and messages suggested possible driver problems. I downloaded drivers from Asus website indicated for Windows 10 and subsequently generics  from Microsoft and Intel. Nothing worked. I tried to set up an external USB router link: same error message. I went through all the discussions I could find on the web for similar problems, finding no fixes. Called Asus tech support. The said the U47A was incompatible with Windows 10 and it wasn't their problem. Tried to download a Windows 10 is one but apparently Microsoft uses the code from the machine you are going to apply the iso to and you can't use one download on a different machine. They're assuming the machine with the bad install has an  Internet connection. Searched the Microsoft database but could find no similar cases.   Catch-22!

Curt:
what a terrible experience, you've had!  :o

Onlything I can think of is, the period of grace => When I upgraded from 7 to 10, I was given a couple of weeks to maybe regret and roll back to 7.

tomos:
You have 30 days to downgrade, I suspect that the best solution, even if you want to try again.

Tried to download a Windows 10 [iso] but apparently Microsoft uses the code from the machine you are going to apply the iso to and you can't use one download on a different machine.
-dMbTiger (June 24, 2016, 02:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

damn, I didnt know that :(

dMbTiger:
You missed the entire point. I can't do the rollback because the iso has to be downloaded on the same machine that you are going to roll back and that machine can't connect to the Internet!!!

michaelkenward:
You missed the entire point. I can't do the rollback because the ISO has to be downloaded on the same machine that you are going to roll back and that machine can't connect to the Internet!!!
-dMbTiger (June 24, 2016, 04:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

It must be possible because I recently managed to install Windows 10 on a new build PC that had never seen Windows and that had no "fingerprint" that Microsoft could have detected. I have also used the same ISO to install Windows 10 on several machines. (I had one of those multi-pack Windows 7 deals a few years ago.)

Unfortunately, I didn't keep notes on what I did. I'm just recommending that you persevere in your pursuit of an ISO that works.

I have just found these in my filing system:

How to do a Clean Install of Windows 10, the Easy Way

How to Download Windows 10, 7, 8, and 8.1 Install Media — Legally

I have a vague memory of having to feed the serial number for an earlier version of Windows to get my ISO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version