ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Where has Clipmate Support Gone?

<< < (3/7) > >>

skwire:
This review of clipboard extenders rates ClipX best and CLCL next yet neither is mentioned by people here.
-i_am_jim (June 19, 2016, 08:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Keep in mind that that review is from nearly seven years ago.  CLCL's last update was nearly a year ago (and it was around ten years since the one before that) and ClipX's last update was almost eight years ago.  It could be that fewer DonationCoder folks are using those particular programs because of this.  As for me, I'm an ArsClip user.

wraith808:
The reason that I use clipboard fusion instead of arsclip is the ability to share the clipboard realtime between all of my instances, and access it online.  I know that ArsClip has a Global Clipboard feature, but I haven't been able to find it detailed anywhere, and clipboard fusion was close enough to free ($5) and works.

tomos:
This review of clipboard extenders rates ClipX best and CLCL next yet neither is mentioned by people here.
-i_am_jim (June 19, 2016, 08:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

there is some good info from Abterix and others about CLCL in the forum if you want to get an idea of it (a simple search should find it)

cyberdiva:
I've used ClipMate for almost 20 years.  I love it.  When the developer went AWOL, I tried ClipCache.  I was impressed with how much better it was at handling graphics and unicode, but there were two features I missed so much that I went back to using ClipMate, and I have continued to use it happily.  The two features I use a lot and can't seem to live without are PowerPaste and the ClipBar.  PowerPaste lets me rapidly paste consecutive clips into a document, a form, a website, etc.  ClipCache has a similar feature, but I found it less reliable than ClipMate's.  As for the ClipBar, it sits on the bottom bar or task bar and shows me the most recent clip without my having to move or click on the mouse.  I simply glance at the ClipBar.  This way, I can always tell at a glance what will show up if I paste into something I'm writing. 

If I could find another program that offered these two features and a responsive developer, I might switch.  But for now, ClipMate meets my needs better than any other program I know.

i_am_jim:
I hope it keeps working for you.  It was working fine for me until one day something happened. 

Are you used Windows 10 yet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version