ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Where has Clipmate Support Gone?

(1/7) > >>

i_am_jim:
I've been using Clipmate for a very long time.  It's been pretty much trouble free, but a little over a week ago it quit working right.  I restored the latest backup but it didn't help.  I've now written email support three times.  But, I get no response at all.  His website's there and apparently people can still buy it.  Does he sell it and just not support it?

mouser:
This won't help with your current problem or import any existing clips, but if you feel like looking for a replacement, give my Clipboard tool a try and let me know any features you might be missing:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/clipboardhelpandspell/index.html

Dormouse:
Has been a problem for a long time - noted here.
Forums closed in 2013 (iirc); never a good sign.
I liked Clipmate and it was generally stable and worked. But developers do have real lives and do move on sometimes. I've not found companies or groups to be better than individuals, and think these situations are just things we have to deal with. And better to be grateful for what we have/had than resentful. I haven't really moved on from Clipmate and use a number of programs that haven't been updated in years - and paid for them knowing that too - but have been using clipboard managers much less as a technique, possibly because of multi platform use. Mouser's program is very good and Clip Cache is recommended by many too.

i_am_jim:
I guess my comment about that is, in my opinion he shouldn't still be marketing it if he no longer supports it.  I'm so dependent on it I'd be happy to buy it again to get support.

wraith808:
I guess my comment about that is, in my opinion he shouldn't still be marketing it if he no longer supports it.  I'm so dependent on it I'd be happy to buy it again to get support.
-i_am_jim (June 18, 2016, 07:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

I moved to clipboardfusion a while ago because of this.  https://www.clipboardfusion.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version