ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software recommendation for extracting video clips: Avidemux

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
I recently had the need to extract a few dozen video clips from about a terrabyte of videocamera mp4 files (broken up into 3gb files), and went looking for a simple free tool that could load the videos and help me extract smaller clips from them in an easy manner.

I thought it was worth a post for others who may one day find themselves needing the same type of tool.

The one i ended up using is the free (open source) Avidemux: http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

It has a very clean minimalist user interface, is fast, and does a great job of letting you select regions to extract and save.

Not perfect, but highly recommended if this is the kind of thing you need to do.

Deozaan:
Does it let you splice the video clips together?

mouser:
Not that I can see.

4wd:
File->Append

eg. Slice and dice your original clip into segments, preferably on Index frames so there's no need to re-encode, save each clip, then reassemble in the order you want using Append.

It was much better under the old versions where you could just drop clips on the interface to have them appended.

Deozaan:
Thanks. I'll have to check this out. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version