ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[Feature Request] FARR use across computers

<< < (2/5) > >>

IainB:
I would like to have FARR functionality, settings and aliases automatically distributed across different computers and for different users on those computers.
The question is, "How?".
I'm not sure that syncing it all via the Cloud will do the trick though.
A pseudo-Citrix Thin Client system comes to mind...    ;D

nitrix-ud:
Can you elaborate a little on how you would use such a prefix.. which files would you keep unique to the pc and which would you want shared?
--- End quote ---

Hello Mouser,

Tell me if my previous post is elaborated enough ? or do you need some more inputs ?

I think that if you want to keep it as simple as possible you can just add the PREFIX directive into the config file

--- ---CONFIGDIR = .
PORTABLE=TRUE
PREFIX=TRUE
then add a distinctive prefix for each computer/user ? (computer name is a good candidate or a concatenation of computer name and user ??)

That simple trick would be sufficient. That would be so great  :-* :-*

I hope you can keep improving one of the best utility and THE BEST launcher

Cheers, Nitrix

PS: just a quick reminder ... have you had a chance to look to the command line parameter 300-characters limit ?

nitrix-ud:
Hello mouser  :-[

Have you had a chance to take a look at my feature requests ?

Last FARR release was a year ago, maybe it's time to release a new version  :D

mouser:
Just got back in town from father's memorial, so yes, i will be looking at this soon.

nitrix-ud:
I'm so sorry mouser, I just discovered your father passed away last november  :-[

I'm sure he was a very special person considering he is YOUR father ;)

Plein de douces pensées de France pour toi mouser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version