ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Total Commander v9.00 Public Betas

<< < (2/4) > >>

tomos:
Still ugly as fuck.
-Tuxman (November 28, 2016, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

if that's your only complaint, we'll take it as highest praise ;-)

Tuxman:
Actually, it's not. It's only the most obvious complaint.

anandcoral:
Actually, it's not. It's only the most obvious complaint.
-Tuxman (November 28, 2016, 05:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
And very very usable till the very last dr..er..key.

I hope they don't fall in the trap of MS converting Xp to beautiful Win 8.

Regards,

Anand

Tuxman:
Orthodox File Managers are, due to their nature, far from being Win8'ed (with the exception of the freeCommander which is a good example for the other side of uglyness). Also, if your preferred OFM stops being updated (or starts to look weird) one day, you can easily use most of its competitors without having to learn new hotkeys.  8)

But there is a major difference between a "classic style" and a "horribly outdated look". My SpeedCommander uses the classic white-on-blue color theme, but it still looks good. Can you imagine what it could be?

anandcoral:
But there is a major difference between a "classic style" and a "horribly outdated look". My SpeedCommander uses the classic white-on-blue color theme, but it still looks good. Can you imagine what it could be?
-Tuxman (November 29, 2016, 03:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm..so TC needs a "theme" option to dress it up as per users preference. Hope next version allows it or some extension may do it. But the basic should remain the same. I have forgotten that Windows has an Explorer for file management.

Regards,

Anand

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version