ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Text box background problem

<< < (4/4)

mouser:
yuck.

ok turn that back off.

ok i have another idea -- try changing the transparency setting of the text box to 255 (maximum).
Then edit the text in the box, and resize it a little.  I keep asking you to edit the text box (and let's resize too for good measure) after you make a change because I want to make sure that it isn't holding onto an old image.

See if that helps.  If not, can you experiment with other options for the text box and see if change any colors or anything make a difference.

Oh and can you email me ([email protected]) a copy of the image file AND IT'S ASSOCIATED .objects file, so i can see if i can reproduce?  To see the .objects file associated with this image file you may have to go to the main menu under "GoTo" and choose "Explore at Screenshot Directory".

IainB:
@mouser: Was this problem ever resolved - and if so, then how?
I've "bumped" it because I have what seems to be the exact same problem. Actually, I've had the problem for quite a while now, and have only now set myself the task of fixing it - I felt sure that it was a settings/options problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have been unable to make the problem go away.

The problem is: that the background in any text box that I create (whether coloured or not) remains transparent, regardless of what I do to make it opaque. The box's border is unaffected - it is opaque. I've fiddled with the settings as per the thread above, but all to no avail.

I've been using a workaround on this for some time - I just place the text box over an area of the image being edited where the background is plain (i.e., no pattern, text or image behind it). I've been doing quite a bit of editing lately though and this workaround is becoming a PITA.

Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?
(Thanks in advance.)

By the way, I am using Win10 Pro-64bit, and usually am wanting to edit images stored in the CHS database. SC works just fine otherwise.

Here are 2 screenshots of what it's doing.
For the first screenshot, I've put the shadow on the box border to demonstrate that is working OK.
Setting the box transparency to 0 or 255 seems to make no difference, but whilst I am editing the text box it becomes temporarily opaque-white - as per the 2nd screenshot (note the shadow has disappeared whilst I am doing that).

ralfs:
I think your problem is the blend mode "muliply". Switch to blend mode "normal" and your transparancy will work.
Blend modes are used to defgine how two layers are blended into each other.

IainB:
@ralfs: Well b#gg#r me, you are spot-on. Thankyou,
I had adjusted the blend mode (by default it was on "multiply") but to no avail. Evidently I didn't try "Normal". I wonder what changed it? (Not me.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version