ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Re: Autobackup with OneDrive

<< < (6/7) > >>

kalos:
as I said Yadis is supposed to send the files to the cloud versioned
-kalos (June 20, 2016, 03:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

you havent actually looked at Yadis, have you?
EDIT// AFAICS, it doesnt do that (ondrive would have to do that)
-tomos (June 20, 2016, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have!
Yadis will send them to your OneDrive folder in Windows and from there they will be mirrored to the cloud

tomos:
well, that's different from "Yadis is supposed to send the files to the cloud versioned" which prompted my comment. But it's not important.

4wd:
Yadis will send them to your OneDrive folder in Windows and from there they will be mirrored to the cloud-kalos (June 21, 2016, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't want to hold a local backup, I only need the cloud-kalos (June 20, 2016, 03:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Um .... but that's what you have now, two copies of the same files on your laptop plus a copy on OneDrive, (if you're doing the Yadis! thing).

If you didn't want the extra copy on your laptop all you need to do is create a Junction Link (as mentioned previously) in the OneDrive folder to the folder you want to mirror to the cloud.  You'll end up with one copy on your laptop and one in the cloud.

At the moment you're using twice the disk space.

Synchronizing any folder on your system with OneDrive

Worked fine here on 8.1 Pro.

wraith808:
I've used that approach before... the only caveat that I found is when you have an application that accesses the symlink continually, some access can fail.  I didn't look into it anymore than that, I just found another way around it.  But I did want to point that out.

kalos:
True, I just realised that I am going to use double the space in my hard drive for the same files.
Is there a solution for this? To directly backup in the cloud and not locally?

4wd I don't think your link will work very well. It doesn't seem to do versioning, I am not sure if it synchronizes locked/used files, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version