ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

TeamViewer hacked?

<< < (4/10) > >>

Asudem:
I just woke up to a "Thank You For Using TeamViewer" popup this morning guys... I did not remote into my own computer while i was in bed last night...

Ummmmmmmm

Deozaan:
TeamViewer just announced some new features that appear to be related to this: Trusted Devices (2FA on devices connecting for the first time) and Data Integrity (forced password reset due to suspicious activity)

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/company/press/teamviewer-launches-trusted-devices-and-data-integrity/

Asudem:
Oh the hack is very real. Someone logged into my computer at about 6am and went to eBay and bought themselves $400 in iTunes giftcards and then tried to buy $200 in PlayStation giftcards from amazon.

wraith808:
Oh the hack is very real. Someone logged into my computer at about 6am and went to eBay and bought themselves $400 in iTunes giftcards and then tried to buy $200 in PlayStation giftcards from amazon.
-Asudem (June 03, 2016, 01:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why are you continually running it?

Stoic Joker:
Man talk about sticking hard to the cover story...

As you have probably heard, there have been unprecedented large scale data thefts on popular social media platforms and other web service providers. Unfortunately, credentials stolen in these external breaches have been used to access TeamViewer accounts, as well as other services.

We are appalled by the behaviour of cyber criminals, and are disgusted by their actions towards TeamViewer users. They have taken advantage of common use of the same account information across multiple services to cause damage.-TV Blog
--- End quote ---

Trying to hard much???

And how exactly do they explain (away) the part where it is mainly (read only) the TV v11 users that are getting "randomly" hit??

Then there's the we're not going to call it a (security) update...update. That they hung together in only days after - but not in response to - the not attack.

Saving face is one thing ... But this is just sad.

Given the issues we've been having with our current SSL Trusted Root signed VNC variant. I've been looking for something mainstream that our company can jump to for remote support, that won't constantly waste time talking end users through security warning.

Hay did I mention that this is a digitally signed by an SSL trusted root certificate provider that still constantly gets flagged by damn near everything??? (Signed binaries my ass)

Anyhow TV was on my list of -(mainstream)- replacement companies to investigate last week ... But they're not on that list anymore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version