ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

TeamViewer hacked?

<< < (10/10)

Asudem:
PayPal accepted my appeal!  ;D

Now to close my bank account, as the bank says I will be 100% liable for any future fraud regarding that account.

wraith808:
PayPal accepted my appeal!  ;D

Now to close my bank account, as the bank says I will be 100% liable for any future fraud regarding that account.
-Asudem (June 07, 2016, 11:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Congratulations!  I figured they would if pressed- there seems to be no reason for them to have denied it in the first place.

skwire:
In situations like this and, say, all types of insurance claims (medical, auto, etc.), I get the feeling these companies deny the initial claim just to see if the person will actually fight it.  They risk nearly nothing by denying the claim.  Either the person doesn't fight and the company doesn't have to pay or, the person does fight it and they enter into the process of actually investigating the claim.  It might not actually be this way but, when you're on the end of a quick initial claim denial, it sure seems so...especially if they reverse course and honour the claim a short time later.

mouser:
I get the feeling these companies deny the initial claim just to see if the person will actually fight it.
--- End quote ---
yep, absolutely common practice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version