ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

TeamViewer hacked?

<< < (6/10) > >>

Asudem:
Update

TeamViewer hacked?

f0dder:
So when I use TeamViewer to connect to one of my family's pcs, I need to either know credentials for the PC, or have to get the user to say OK before I can connect. What am I missing? Is everyone's desktop unlocked, or you have a no password required setting somewhere?-x16wda (June 04, 2016, 10:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
There's a couple of possible explanations, but the TeamViewer folks haven't exactly been informative so far.

The two most likely are:
1) a (really!) badly designed protocol or (more likely) programming flaws that can be exploited remotely to circumvent the password checks.
2) that TV doesn't rate-limit connection attempts, letting attackers brute-force weak passwords.

x16wda:
There's a couple of possible explanations, but the TeamViewer folks haven't exactly been informative so far.

The two most likely are:
1) a (really!) badly designed protocol or (more likely) programming flaws that can be exploited remotely to circumvent the password checks.
2) that TV doesn't rate-limit connection attempts, letting attackers brute-force weak passwords.
-f0dder (June 05, 2016, 08:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
#1 would be bad, but #2 would be shameful.

wraith808:
Update

[ Invalid Attachment ]
-Asudem (June 05, 2016, 03:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Did you request the documentation?  You might be able to appeal it.

Deozaan:
Update
-Asudem (June 05, 2016, 03:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

I suppose the next step would be to dispute the charge with your credit card company or bank and be sure to file a police report.

Also, might be a good idea to go the other way and do as PayPal suggested, which is to contact Amazon (or wherever the charges were placed) and dispute the charges.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version