ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What website has the fewest files?

(1/7) > >>

kunkel321:
Hi Folks,
I'm somewhat techy, but website building is something I know very little about...  Years ago, I got a lifetime membership to NoNags.com.  It includes a free (though small) place for hosting a website.  Over the years I've used several different ones.  Remember Geocities?  LOL.  There was also a nice freebie from Microsoft, but they discontinued the service.  Google has one, but whenever I get involved with a Google thing, they bloody discontinue it.  Anyway, NoNags is still going strong.  In the past I used WebsiteX5 (shows up free on the interwebs every now and then).  Now though, it appears that NoNags does not support FTP uploading, which is what WebsiteX5 uses.  I can upload the individual files to NoNags, but for even the smallest site (3 different pages) there are 71 different files and folders that need to be individually uploaded!  That's not really feasible. 

So the question:  What free tool can I use that will generate the fewest resource files?  I don't mind having a one-page site, if that makes things smaller...
Ideas?

Tuxman:
Notepad. It will generate help you to "generate" exactly one file.

Whyever you would even need more than one.

f0dder:
So the question:  What free tool can I use that will generate the fewest resource files?  I don't mind having a one-page site-kunkel321 (June 01, 2016, 01:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Notepad++ / SublimeText :-)

I also really wouldn't recommend using free hosting unless your site isn't very important to you. Remember the good old saying that if you're not paying, you're the product, not the customer.

Tuxman:
free-kunkel321 (June 01, 2016, 01:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
SublimeText :-)
-f0dder (June 01, 2016, 01:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

:huh:

f0dder:
Whoops, missed that one - SublimeText is worth its pretty low pricetag, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version