ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Feature Request: Remind me of Clip

<< < (2/2)

IainB:
@IainB
I ran thru it, but it's too lightweight for me.
I use EssentialPIM, which has it's own faults, but it's the best PIM I can find (and believe me, I look! ROFL...)
~Spamster
-spam spam bacon spam (May 28, 2016, 10:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
My reason for suggesting Wezinc was that:

* (a) it is able to automatically collect and save stuff that goes to the Clipboard (if you want it to), and
* (b) it has a timer/reminder function for saved items similar to what you seem to be looking for, so
* (c) you could just use Wezinc as an adjunct to CHS (which does not have the timer function you want, and @mouser seems unlikely to build that in).
* (d) So you could potentially meet your requirement using Wezinc.
______________________________In addition, as a PIM, Wezinc is under development/improvement (e.g., beta releases), at/near the beginning of its product life-cycle, and it has a lot of good functionality going for it, whereas Essential PIM would seem to be outmoded and at the end of its life-cycle - e.g., see here: PIM-related Mini-Reviews ("also-ran").
You might also consider using Stickies from zhorn software (zhornsoftware.co.uk), which has a timer/alert functionality.
It's recently been modernised and completely rewritten, with a nice glary UI too...    :huh:

rjbull:
Wezinc is under development/improvement (e.g., beta releases), at/near the beginning of its product life-cycle-IainB (May 28, 2016, 12:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
I wish they clearly stated whether it's freeware or not, or what sort of license they plan in the future.  Also, it would be nice to see a no-install version for USB sticks etc.  I wonder how you rate Wezinc versus RightNote, but that's rightly a query for another thread.

Essential PIM would seem to be outmoded and at the end of its life-cycle-IainB (May 28, 2016, 12:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's note-keeping features haven't excited me so far, but I dabble a bit with its to-do and calendar.  I really like that it has an Android version, and PC and Android versions can be synced locally, without a cloud account.  I use its contacts a bit on Android, too.  I'm ambivalent about mobile platforms, but they're increasingly popular.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version