ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Free Image Host - Same URL, Update File

<< < (4/4)

Deozaan:
Now the real test is to replace the image file with a different image (but same filename) and see if it updates the hotlinked image correctly. :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
One other thing to be conscious of. Dropbox removed the public folder because of people's misuse, and bandwidth.  as such, I've seen it temporarily remove access.  Not sure if that's based on bandwidth or hits.  If the former, you're Ok.  If the latter...

Asudem:
One other thing to be conscious of. Dropbox removed the public folder because of people's misuse, and bandwidth.  as such, I've seen it temporarily remove access.  Not sure if that's based on bandwidth or hits.  If the former, you're Ok.  If the latter...
-wraith808 (May 16, 2016, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
Funny story that. I was hosting my friend's profile on my dropbox using the public links, and during some exceptionally heavy traffic, dropbox DID shut off all my public links temporarily. So yeah, first hand, I know it's a possibility.

Now the real test is to replace the image file with a different image (but same filename) and see if it updates the hotlinked image correctly. :Thmbsup:
-Deozaan (May 16, 2016, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Good call, I'll do that now!

EDIT: Nope, still my cat  :(

wraith808:
How so?  Did you overwrite the file?  If you did, I don't get how it couldn't be.  Especially if your cat is still showing up.  Did you refresh and/or empty your cache for your browser?  I'd also suggest creating a new user in your browser, and going to the link from there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version