ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Free Image Host - Same URL, Update File

<< < (2/4) > >>

Deozaan:
Dropbox is a good idea. You could just update the file, leaving it with the same filename, and the link will remain the same.

wraith808:
Dropbox is a good idea. You could just update the file, leaving it with the same filename, and the link will remain the same.
-Deozaan (May 15, 2016, 07:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Dropbox has been changing the way their links work, unfortunately.  So you definitely want to vet that it works if you decide to go that way.

Asudem:
-Deozaan (May 15, 2016, 07:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Dropbox has been changing the way their links work, unfortunately.  So you definitely want to vet that it works if you decide to go that way.
-wraith808 (May 15, 2016, 10:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Dropbox was my first idea, but any accounts made after 2014 apparently no longer get a public folder.  :(

Deozaan:
Dropbox was my first idea, but any accounts made after 2014 apparently no longer get a public folder.  :(
-Asudem (May 16, 2016, 02:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can still right-click a file and select "Get Public Link"

But that link might change or might not work well for this particular need.

Asudem:
-Asudem (May 16, 2016, 02:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can still right-click a file and select "Get Public Link"

But that link might change or might not work well for this particular need.
-Deozaan (May 16, 2016, 12:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
That only works for within the "public" folder, or am I missing some setting here? My friend does no have a public folder as the dropbox account was recently created.
https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/16
Note: Dropbox accounts created after October 4, 2012 will not have a Public folder.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version