ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Free Image Host - Same URL, Update File

(1/4) > >>

Asudem:
Greetings folks,

I'm looking for a free (or cheap) image host for a friend, but with what they want to use the images for they need the URLs of the files to stay the same. This eliminates most free image hosting sites I know. Any ideas on a good and reliable image host my friend can use?

Thanks!

wraith808:
A little bit more on why they need them to stay the same might help in recommending.

For instance, I use bit.ly when I need a certain name, and point it to dropbox or massdrop or imgur, or whereever.  I'm not sure if that's a valid scenario for your friend.

That image is using a bit.ly URL to point to an imgur hosted image.

Asudem:
A little bit more on why they need them to stay the same might help in recommending.
-wraith808 (May 15, 2016, 12:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
They are using images for a profile, and the profile will be updated frequently. Due to the site's nature, custom HTML profiles are not an option, so they are stuck using static images instead of easy to edit HTML.

For instance, I use bit.ly when I need a certain name, and point it to dropbox or massdrop or imgur, or whereever.  I'm not sure if that's a valid scenario for your friend.

That image is using a bit.ly URL to point to an imgur hosted image.

--- End quote ---
Iiiiiinteresting. I never considered using something like that. But do you have to log into bit.ly and change the image url each time it's uploaded? My friend is... not tech savvy...

Deozaan:
They are using images for a profile, and the profile will be updated frequently.-Asudem (May 15, 2016, 01:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Gravatar?

Asudem:
They are using images for a profile, and the profile will be updated frequently.-Asudem (May 15, 2016, 01:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Gravatar?
-Deozaan (May 15, 2016, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
WOW! Just wow, that service is amazing! Not quite a fit for my friend's needs, but I am signing up and recommending this to everyone ASAP!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version